Monday, June 1, 2009

Mt. Magazine getaway......

This past weekend we went to Mt. Magazine for a few days of camping{before it gets too hot-I don't do sticky hot buggy camping }. Our campsite was very nice, and the weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot or cold although I did get chilly when the wind was blowing but that is nothing unusual for me. No Mosquitoes!!!! YAY!!!
We also did quite a bit of hiking..I love to hike and they had some pretty nice trails there. They were for the most part easy walking trails. Lots of beautiful views of the mountains and lakes. We usually don't end up getting to spend a lot of time together as a family due to schedules and running every direction so this was nice for us. Bree on the other hand got a little/lot bored pretty quick when we weren't busy doing something. Usually when we go to Colorado or anywhere out west camping they have game rooms or pools or something to keep the kids occupied and there was none of that at Mt. Magazine and we didn't take anything either.
All in all it was a great little getaway but I think 2 days at that park was long enough to see about all of it.......maybe we will venture out again this summer since we are not planning an out west vacation{whah!!!} like we usually do.........
Here are some pics from our little trip.....
The highlight of Brees trip was getting to see her boyfriend on our way home......aren't they cute together? This little guy caught Brees attention on the last hike of the trip on North Rim trail
falling !!!!!!! ???????? nope =) just playing!!!!!
last hike.....north rim trail..... Morning hike to sunrise point{we missed the actual sunrise by a little bit but it was still pretty.}
Sunrise from sunrise point Breakfast at camp after morning hike.......
just relaxing at camp......I am enjoying it....Bree is NOT!!!!
Highest point in Arkansas........
butterflies were everywhere in the park but really busy on this trail.......late afternoon
the book I took to read... so good!
Sunset at Mt. Magazine...................... more butterflies.......this was the most popular kind.....but there were lots of others.....they just didn't slow down much
This is a broad headed skink they said....I call it a lizzard
not a ballerina.....just balancing on the highest point for a picture!
Lake view from look out point
Yes.......I let her play in the road!!!! But only for a picture........
Park entrance........
This happy little sign was across the road from our campsite........ doesn't give me a very cozy feeling so I had everyone sleep in the center of the tent the first night!!!! {there is just something about waking up with a bear nawing on my HEAD that wouldn't feel right} But then we found out that there had only been 2 actual bear attacks or sightings in the park.....can't remember which, but we {I} was much calmer the second night.......
Just thinking and soaking up the beauty........
just waiting to have it's picture taken.........
Beautiful gazebo......and view......
And this is how we take pictures!!!!! =)
{yes, I know...I have dirt on my lens somewhere but I can't seem to find it}
my brave hikers........that really is a LONG way down on the other side!
Such a fun time!!!!! And I didn't edit any of these picture{except the one of Bree and Dalton} because I didn't really want to take the time because I am officially on summer break and there are so many other things that need to be done!!!!
Cancace update: Candace went to the Dr. this mornig supposing to have another ultrasound to see if Jaycie has turned and if not they were supposed to be taking her early this week..... NO ultrasound today, but Dr. says she is starting to turn some now and is doing good so he is not going to do the C-Section right now but does have her scheduled delivery date set for June 19th.........Thank you everyone for your prayers. We appreciate them very much and even more so are blessed that God has heard and answered and the baby is turning on her own so she doesn't have to arrive too early...........

No comments: