Monday, July 6, 2009

Bathroom makeover......

Well, we finally finished one of the two bathrooms this past week.....Bobby gave up a large part of his vacation to help me with this but I think he would have rather been fishing! He did a great job......we are still waiting on more beadboard to come in to finish the small bathroom but here is what we have done so far!
This is the before pictures.....this room was long overdue for some fixing up.....I think I put the wall paper up about 9 or 10 years ago.....uuuugh.....that's a long time....anyway the paper was starting to rollup at the seams either because I didn't do the seams good enough or because of all the steam from the showers over the years{either way it looked bad}
We were going to just take down the 3 layers of wallpaper but decided it would be much quicker to just put up the beadboard and paint it.....HAH!!!!! I think it took just as long if not longer this way but I sure do like the way it looks now......
The new look!
Still looking for the right shower curtain so for now just the plain liner will have to do....It's hard to find a red that matches and I'm just not sure about putting that much black in there! We love the new faucet{still a little touch up work to be done by the door and tub, but other than that I think it's done}
Me and Bree have had a cabinet picked out for months to put in the bathroom for storage but it sold out and we can't find another one like it so I opted for this cute little thing to hold the towels and the plus side of it is that we won't be cluttering it up with unnessary things because it just won't hold them! Some things just work out for the best! =)
Josh and Melissa gave me this picture for Christmas and I love it!!!! I am glad I have the perfect place for it now!!! I am hoping to do the the other wall with pictures of my family with western hats/boots etc. on...we'll see!
Have a wonderful Monday!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH HOW PRETTY
can't wait to come see....
that man of yours is like mine, a work-a-holic.... but it beats the alternative I guess.
That baby girl is sooo sweet, and the story of Kaeden spilling the formula...how precious, not at the time I am sure....
Susan

Anonymous said...

oops,spelled his name wrong...sorry

Karla said...

looks wonderful!! I hope that you enjoy it very much!!

jamie said...

aw... i love it! so pretty and mod :)